V

Avatar

AntTweakBar with Core GL OSX

EDIT: As pointed to me by Christoph Ruß, here’s a solution for this problem without the need to change the code

“I would like to add that the problem really is that the OpenGL library can not be found due to it simply not being in the path variable for the dynamic linker. Your solution to provide a fixed path on compile-time surely works, but may not be ideal, if you want to avoid re-compiling the lib.

I would recommend adjusting your DYLD_LIBRARYPATH instead. This could go in ~/.bash_profile:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/”

I’ve been trying to get AntTweakBar (version 116) to compile and run as my default GUI but ended up finding some obstacles that took me a couple days to find a solution. Should have been a smooth ride, but ended up in a couple of crazy days and an easy solution found just minutes ago.

Let’s begin with some information. It was pretty easy to compile following the instructions found on the website. Under Windows it took a few minutes to get it up and running, even as a Static Library. Problems began when i’ve tried to compile on OS X 10.9:

  1. It reports 2 errors with the declaration of glDrawElements and glShaderSource. It differs from the declaration from GL header.
    Easy fix: Just copy the declaration from GL header to ATB.
  2. Compiling as a static library was OK. After reading it’s change log i realised they have static library support but i had taken the longest path and was trying to get it done manually, so it took me more time that i had planned.

After some time, i finally got the wanted the static library compiled and linking successfully, i got the following error:

“AntTweakBar: OpenGL Core Profile functions cannot be loaded.
ERROR(AntTweakBar) >> Cannot load OpenGL library dynamically”

Tracked that problem down to the line:

gl_dyld = dlopen("OpenGL", RTLD_LAZY );

gl_dyld was always NULL, which tells me the library wasn’t being loaded/found (really?!). The fix i found is to change the first parameter to use the full path to OpenGL as follows:

gl_dyld = dlopen("/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/OpenGL", RTLD_LAZY );

 

It is a very simple fix and worked just fine for me, but, it took me a few days of frustration and travel. After all i was supposed to get this up and running last Thursday. It’s nearly one week later.

132 Comments, Comment or Ping

  1. generics cialis - Aug 18th, 2019
  2. canada pharmacy - Aug 18th, 2019
  3. online cialis - Aug 18th, 2019
  4. pharmacy online - Aug 18th, 2019
  5. where can i buy viagra - Aug 18th, 2019
  6. pharmacy uk - Aug 19th, 2019
  7. viagra europe low price - Aug 19th, 2019
  8. viagra on line - Aug 19th, 2019
  9. cialis 20mg - Aug 19th, 2019
  10. viagenupi.com - Aug 20th, 2019
  11. generic viagra at walmart - Aug 20th, 2019
  12. pharmacy - Aug 21st, 2019
  13. cialis.com - Aug 24th, 2019
  14. generic viagra prices - Aug 25th, 2019
  15. viagra 100mg - Aug 27th, 2019
  16. tadalafil - Aug 28th, 2019
  17. slots - Aug 30th, 2019
  18. sildenafil - Sep 1st, 2019
  19. viagra uk - Sep 1st, 2019
  20. cialis on line - Sep 2nd, 2019
  21. cialis 5mg online - Sep 3rd, 2019
  22. viagra online - Sep 5th, 2019
  23. ETIAS Visa - Sep 6th, 2019